Academic Proofreading and Editing Services
As a professor, post-doctoral researcher, or graduate student, you spend hours translating your ideas to the page. However, at the end of a long day in academia, you may not always have the energy or clarity of mind to revise your writing objectively.
The quality of your writing has a significant impact on your academic performance and your ability to publish your research. Errors in grammar, spelling, and formatting affect how clearly you convey your findings, and academic journals cite such issues as a top reason for rejection. You want to be judged on your great ideas—not on preventable errors. That’s why ProofreadingServices.com offers accurate and efficient academic proofreading services.
The Best Academic Proofreaders and Editors
At ProofreadingServices.com, our team understands how competitive academia can be. After all, they’ve been there. Each and every one of our academic editors and proofreaders is highly qualified, and many are former university professors. Before joining our team, proofreaders and editors must pass a rigorous testing and interview process. Only 0.3% of applicants are invited to join us. That’s a more competitive acceptance rate than Harvard’s!
Our editors and proofreaders are intimately familiar with the art of academic proofreading and the importance of meeting deadlines. We offer turnarounds as fast as one hour, one day, or one week, with several options in between.
We also work with academic writers for whom English is not a first language, such as speakers of the following:
If you’re uncomfortable writing in English or need help to ensure your translations read smoothly, our team will work with you to convey your ideas clearly and correctly. Expressing your meaning without any room for misinterpretation is crucial in the academic world, so let us help you do so. Whether you’re a physics professor in Helsinki or a linguistics PhD candidate in Seoul, we will help you achieve English academic writing you can be proud of.
Submit your document now to have our top-tier academic proofreading team begin working on your project immediately.
Comprehensive Academic Proofreading Services for Any Subject
Our editors and proofreaders have expertise in a wide range of subjects and types of documents, from lengthy dissertations to short essays, allowing them to handle even highly complex work. Here are just a few anonymized examples of academic writers we’ve worked with:
- Hilde, a graduate student of environmental studies from Norway, with a research paper on the causes of desertification
- Perang, a PhD candidate from Kuala Lumpur, with a thesis on the evolution of Malayic languages
- Elizabeth, a history professor from London, with a manuscript on cross-cultural exchanges in the Victorian era
- Carlos, a researcher from Barcelona, with a report on the results of a ten-year scientific study on diabetes treatments
Our team even helps graduate students transition from academia to industry, overhauling their resumes and writing compelling cover letters to help them land the jobs of their dreams.
Formatting According to Any Style Guide
We treat every document we receive with the utmost care and attention to detail, meticulously checking for copy editing and style errors. However, we are also experienced with editing according to a range of academic style guides. The following are some examples of projects we’ve worked on:
- A journal article in APA style on the effectiveness of behavioral therapies for Hitomi, a psychiatrist from Tokyo
- A dissertation in Harvard style on preschool teaching methodologies for Susan, a PhD candidate from Brighton
- A paper on international law for Maxwell, a JD candidate from Berkeley, in Bluebook style
- A research paper in ACS style on fossil fuel plastics for Bjorn, a graduate student from Oslo
- A manuscript in Chicago style on the effects of technology in education for Jacob, a professor from Toronto
- An essay about early printed literature in China in MLA style for Albert, a graduate student from Beijing
- A study on patients with high cholesterol in AMA style for Hakan, a medical researcher from Istanbul
- A report on through truss bridge construction in IEEE style for Blake, a graduate student from Adelaide
- A thesis in Turabian style for Emma, a PhD candidate from San Antonio, on the origins of philosophy in Mesopotamia
Simply let us know what you need, and we can help ensure you meet the requirements of your assignment or the journal you’re submitting to. Or, if you have any questions about our editing processes and how we can support your academic needs, visit our FAQ page.Leave your document in the capable hands of our academic proofreading and editing team, or try our academic proofreading services with a free sample first.