Every Great Book Needs a Great Editor
Salman Rushdie. J. K. Rowling. Stephen King. Malcolm Gladwell.
What do these renowned and successful writers have in common? They all have professional editors who review their work before publication.
Behind every great writer is a great editor. Even the most talented and experienced writers need editors to carefully proofread and edit their work to find errors they might have missed. At ProofreadingServices.com, we can provide you with efficient book proofreading and editing at a price you can afford.
Get a free quote now, or submit an excerpt for a free sample.
Your Work Needs Professional Book Proofreading and Editing
Why do all great authors need editors to proofread their books? Here are three main reasons:
- You’re too familiar with your book. If you’ve labored over your book for months or years, you are no longer able to approach the revision process with the objective perspective it requires. This makes you more likely to overlook mistakes, since you already understand what you’re trying to say.
- To err is human. Even the most competent and careful writers make mistakes, especially after the stress and exhaustion that follows months of planning, researching, and writing.
- The English language is complex. It has thousands of rules and idiosyncrasies, and only a highly experienced and qualified editor has the training and skills needed to proofread your book with precision.
Unfortunately, most publishers and agents won’t even finish reading a manuscript if they encounter errors in copy and style. Without proper book proofreading and editing, your hard work may be tossed aside. If you are self-publishing, mistakes in your writing can detract from the integrity of your work. Readers may not take your book seriously if it’s cluttered with errors.
Don’t let avoidable mistakes prevent your book from being published and your voice from being heard. Submit your manuscript to our professional book proofreading and editing team.
Our Book Proofreaders and Their Process
Our book proofreading team is made up of highly qualified and experienced professionals, all of whom are writers themselves. To join our team, each and every member had to pass rigorous testing. We also work fast and are able to meet even your most pressing deadlines. Need to have your book ready to publish on Amazon within two days? We can do it. Need a back cover blurb looked over in two hours? We’re there for you.
Our multi-step book proofreading process involves carefully identifying and resolving issues with the following:
- Word choice
Place your masterpiece in the hands of proofreaders and editors you can trust. Submit your manuscript, and we’ll take it from there.
Who Do We Work With?
We work with authors and academic writers across the world, from Israel to Ireland. We even work with authors who speak a language other than English as a mother tongue. If you’ve written your book in Traditional Chinese, Punjabi, Spanish, or one of +90 other languages and need it translated, or if you just need a final check to make sure everything looks right in English, you’ve come to the right place.
Our experienced editors have tackled a range of material and genres. Below are just a few of the authors who’ve achieved their dreams of publication with our help:
- Aurel, a poet from Hungary, with a book of sonnets
- Boonsri, with a memoir about her childhood in Bangkok and her immigration to Australia
- Jose, from Barcelona, with a trilogy of fantasy novels
- Aparna, from Essex, with an educational book about social media for those new to the internet
- Michael, a history professor from Seattle, with a nonfiction book about early westward emigration in the United States
Our team can even help you format your manuscripts according to style guides such as Chicago, or we can help you maintain consistency according to your own or a publisher’s house style.
Ready to learn how we can help you achieve your literary dreams with fast, thorough book editing and proofreading? Check out our FAQ, or if you’re ready to take the plunge, submit your manuscript now.