Additional Business Services
We're best known for our combined proofreading and editing and our deluxe business editing, but with a staff of over 50 editorial and marketing specialists, we've grown to offer so much more. Our goal is to solve all of your business problems with a comprehensive range of services.
Website Proofreading | Transcription | Data Entry | Pricing Intelligence | Business Writing Training
Writing and Rewriting | Translation | Lead Generation | Favorable Journalist Search | Promotion to Blogs
Spot errors before your customers do, and increase your revenue.
You know the value of proofreading, but perhaps you've ignored your website. Maybe you figured it'd be too much of a pain to have proofread. We can comprehensively extract the text from your website, edit and proofread it in Microsoft Word, and deliver the changes to you. We can even make the changes on your site if you would like. A past website proofreading client, Andrew Bruno of Athnet, said, "ProofreadingServices.com was exceptional when proofing over 350 web pages. I highly recommend them for any project."
Website proofreading doesn't just increase professionalism; it also increases revenue. NYU Business Professor Panos Ipeirotis showed that demand for products and hotels increases if reviews are well written and without spelling errors, even if the review is negative. Based on this research, Zappos.com pays to have its site proofread.
Rates if we need to extract the text from your website: $6–$12/web page, depending on the average number of words/web page.
Contact us with your website URL for a quote.
Rates if you already have your website's text in Word files: Less expensive. We treat this like a regular proofreading order.
Get an instant quote and place an order 24/7 here.
Affordably and accurately convert your audio and video to text.
ProofreadingServices.com spun out of AudioTranscription.org, a transcription service that is alive and well. AudioTranscription.org has produced over 20,000 transcripts like this for Salesforce, Vogue, the U.S. Department of Energy, and thousands of other clients. They charge low flat rates without extra fees for accents, difficult terminology, multiple speakers, speaker identification, timestamps, etc. You can contact ProofreadingServices.com or AudioTranscription.org for a transcription quote. They're run by the same people.
"Excellent service and reasonably priced. Will definitely use them again in the future."
—James M. McGuire, Director, Insurance Designers of America
"Thanks very much for an excellent transcript. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was!"
—Robin McManus, Windermere Real Estate
"You all did a WONDERFUL job! Thank you again SO MUCH! I have told everyone here to use you in the future for any transcription needs. You delivered a WONDERFUL product. Thanks again so MUCH!"
—Justin Randolph, LLNS Healthcare Communications
"We used AudioTranscription.org to transcribe our conference calls. They did a very meticulous and uncompromising job. Their ordering workflow is also very simple, and they responded in a timely manner."
—Refael Ackermann, Software Developer, EMPEERIC
- Rates: $0.89/audio minute (e.g., an hour-long audio file is just $53.40)
- Next step: Place a transcription order with AudioTranscription.org.
Save money and time with data entry services from just $9.45/hour.
Data entry requires accuracy and patience that few have. We've assembled a team of people who have immense patience. Whether you want to upload thousands of new product listings to your site or you need help migrating data between CRMs, there's no reason to do this in-house. That would almost certainly be more expensive. Solving your data entry problems begins with a conversation. Let's talk.
- 1–25 hours—Project minimum of $295
- 26–500 hours—$11.95/hour
- 501–1,000 hours—$10.95/hour
- 1,001–2,000 hours—$9.95/hour
- +2,000 hours—$9.45/hour
- Next step: Schedule a call to talk about your data entry needs and get a quote.
Regularly get a comprehensive list of your competitors and their up-to-date pricing.
If you're not regularly researching your competitors' prices, you could be missing opportunities to price higher and increase your gross margins or even to lower your prices and increase sales. We solve this problem for companies in competitive industries, and we were our first pricing intelligence client; ProofreadingServices.com regularly identifies new competitors and all of our competitors' price changes.
Our pricing intelligence researchers will provide you with your competitors' pricing information. First, they'll generate a comprehensive list of your competitors. Then, they'll crawl the web using software and advanced research skills to collect current public pricing. They'll compile the data at any frequency you'd like (most clients prefer monthly reports).
What you'll get: Every month, we'll deliver an up-to-date spreadsheet of your competitors (including new competitors) and their public pricing, putting your pricing intelligence on autopilot.
- One-time report—$495
- Quarterly reports—$295/quarter for a four-quarter term ($1,180 total or save 10% and pay just $1,062 if you pay up front)
- Monthly reports—$195/month for a 12-month term ($2,340 total or save 10% and pay just $2,106 if you pay up front)
- Next step: Contact us to get started or to have a consultation about your pricing intelligence needs.
Have an expert business writer train your team in person for a day.
For as little as $495, an editor specializing in business writing, technical writing, or marketing copywriting can visit your business for a day and train as many people as you’d like. We never charge based on audience size, so many of our clients choose to fill the room. All of our seminars are practical, actionable, and focused on improving your bottom line. They're available within the United States and internationally, everywhere from Sydney to Abu Dhabi to Beijing (rates here).Our Popular Onsite Day-Long Seminars
Most Popular: Seminars in light blue were the most requested in the previous quarter.
General Business Writing
- Essentials of Business Writing (Beginner)
- Essentials of Business Writing (Advanced)
- Essentials of Business Writing for ESL Speakers
- Business Writing: Grammar Essentials (Beginner)
- Business Writing: Grammar Essentials (Advanced)
- Editing and Proofreading Skills for the Modern Workplace
- Writing Effective Business Reports (customized to focus on the most common types of reports in your organization)
- Improving Reading Speed and Comprehension
- Essentials of Technical Writing (Beginner)
- Essentials of Technical Writing (Advanced)
- Writing Technical Texts for the Layperson Audience
- Effective Writing for Engineers
- Writing Job Descriptions That Attract the Best Candidates
- Writing Concise, Effective Business Emails: Strategies to Say More with Less
- Writing Effective Meeting Minutes
- English Writing Essentials for Customer Support Representatives
- English Writing Essentials for Technical Support Representatives
- Writing Quick, Clear Customer Support Messages: How to Resolve More Tickets per Hour
- Writing Effective, Useful SOPs: How to Write Checklist-Based Procedures People Actually Want to Follow
- Writing Crystal-Clear RFPs: How to Get the Responses You Want from Vendors the First Time
- Writing Cold Emails That Get Responses
- Writing Successful Business Proposals
- Writing Compelling Case Studies (Note: Our writing team writes case studies for $395.)
- Writing Blog Posts That People and Search Engines Love (Note: Our writing team writes business blog posts for $30–$125/post.)
- Writing Effective Sales Letters: Using Direct Mail to Grow Your Business
- Writing Results-Oriented Web Copy: How to Drive Prospects Deeper into Your Funnel (Note: We write web copy for $0.25/word.)
- Grant Writing Skills for Businesses
- Grant Writing Skills for Nonprofits
- Writing Compelling Email Newsletters for Service-Based Companies (Note: We write newsletters for just $95.)
- Writing Compelling Email Newsletters for Product-Based Companies
- Persuasive Sales Copy Basics: How to Leverage Behavioral Economics to Sell More
Many of the above seminars can be shortened and merged into a single day. For instance, some clients have opted to merge "Writing Cold Emails That Get Responses" with "Writing Successful Business Proposals" to produce a new one-day seminar that best fits their needs. We don't charge extra for merging seminars. Contact us to discuss your needs with a business writing trainer.
100% Custom Writing Seminars
Does your organization have a communication problem not addressed here? With our team of +50 editorial experts, we can craft a custom seminar, and likely for less money than any other firm. Contact us to speak with a business writing trainer about your needs.
Multiple Seminar Discount
Organizations that bring us in for multiple seminars or on a recurring basis receive discounts. Contact us to learn more about multiple seminar and ongoing education discounts.
Rates for a one-day seminar:
- $495 in Boston
- $995 (plus expenses) in New York City
- $1,495 (plus expenses) in the contiguous United States
- $1,950 (plus expenses) in Alaska or Hawaii
- $2,495 (plus expenses) in Canada
- $4,950 (plus expenses) internationally (besides Canada)
- Next step: Contact us to bring our business writing educators to your office.
Get more search traffic and clients with blog posts, press releases, and industry-leading eBooks.
Our proofreaders are writers; some write technical guides, some write marketing copy, some ghostwrite full-length manuscripts for CEOs. We've written creative marketing copy for Proper Orange to support their launch and hundreds of blog posts and FAQs for the EB5 Affiliate Network, learning the specifics of their complex business and industry. Sam Silverman, a managing partner at EB5 Affiliate Network, said our work has helped them "increase revenue by hundreds of thousands of dollars while keeping their margin steady."
- We won't need to provide a price quote for every post; we'll learn about your business over the phone and then provide a price per word that applies to all of your posts.
- A typical engagement: A client wants 10 posts monthly, each 450–650 words. We provide 30 topics based on extensive search engine optimization and competitive research. They select 10 (or provide their own). We write, proofread, and launch their posts (with approval).
Easily acquire clients from around the world by translating text you've already written.
We began offering translation services because our clients were spending so many hours perfecting their English documents that it only made sense to get those same texts into other languages. iDashboards, a software company, asked us to proofread marketing copy and then translate it into Spanish and Italian so they could further penetrate those markets. They knew that 86% of the world doesn't speak English. Our translation team offers services in 92 languages, covering almost all of the commercial internet. From Afrikaans to Zulu, we have you covered.
Next step: See the rates in the chart below. Then, contact us to learn more or to start your project (we'll send you an invoice).
|Most Frequently Ordered||Less Frequently Ordered|
|Arabic to/from English–13 cents/word||Afrikaans to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Bulgarian to/from English–14 cents/word||Albanian to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Chinese (Traditional) to/from English–15 cents/word||Amharic to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Chinese (Simplified) to/from English–13 cents/word||Armenian to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Czech to/from English–14 cents/word||Basque to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Danish to/from English–15 cents/word||Belarusian to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Dutch to/from English–14 cents/word||Bengali to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Farsi to/from English–15 cents/word||Bosnian to/from English–15 cents/word|
|French to/from English–13 cents/word||Burmese to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Georgian to/from English–15 cents/word||Catalan to/from English–15 cents/word|
|German to/from English–14 cents/word||Croatian to/from English–15 cents/word|
|Greek to/from English–14 cents/word||Dinka to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Hebrew to/from English–14 cents/word||Estonian to/from English–16 cents/word|
|Hindi to/from English–15 cents/word||Finnish to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Hungarian to/from English–14 cents/word||Flemish to/from English–17 cents/word|
|Indonesian to/from English–15 cents/word||Gujarati to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Italian to/from English–13 cents/word||Haitian Creole French to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Japanese to/from English–15 cents/word||Icelandic to/from English–19 cents/word|
|Korean to/from English–15 cents/word||Irish Gaelic to/from English–17 cents/word|
|Norwegian to/from English–15 cents/word||Jamaican Creole English to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Polish to/from English–14 cents/word||Javanese to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Portuguese (Brazil) to/from English–13 cents/word||Kazakh to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Portuguese (Portugal) to/from English–13 cents/word||Khmer to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Romanian to/from English–14 cents/word||Kirundi to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Russian to/from English–13 cents/word||Kurdish Sorani to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Slovak to/from English–14 cents/word||Kurdish to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Spanish to/from English–13 cents/word||Lao to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Swedish to/from English–15 cents/word||Latvian to/from English–15 cents/word|
|Tagalog or Filipino to/from English–15 cents/word||Lithuanian to/from English–15 cents/word|
|Thai to/from English–15 cents/word||Luxembourgish to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Turkish to/from English–13 cents/word||Macedonian to/from English–15 cents/word|
|Ukrainian to/from English–14 cents/word||Malay to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Vietnamese to/from English–15 cents/word||Maltese to/from English–17 cents/word|
|Contact us to start a translation project.||Marathi to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Moldovan to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Mongolian to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Nepali to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Pashto to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Persian to/from English–15 cents/word|
|Punjabi to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Quechua to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Samoan to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Serbian to/from English–15 cents/word|
|Shona to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Sinhala to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Slovene to/from English–15 cents/word|
|Somali to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Sudanese Arabic to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Swahili to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Swiss French to/from English–16 cents/word|
|Swiss German to/from English–16 cents/word|
|Swiss Italian to/from English–16 cents/word|
|Tajik to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Tamil to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Tibetan to/from English–18 cents/word|
|Tigrinya to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Urdu to/from English–15 cents/word|
|Welsh to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Zulu to/from English–22 cents/word|
|Contact us to start a translation project.|
Generate 1,000s of leads for just $11.95/hour or a fixed cost per lead.
What if your salespeople could be selling more often instead of being knee-deep in research? What if your online marketing team didn't have to manually track down the contact information of blogs that might link to them if approached? Our lead generation team is remarkably skilled at tracking down contact information online. Here is a small sample of projects we've completed:
- Find every pastor in Massachusetts and their mailing addresses
- Compile a list of every lawyer in Canada and their mailing addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers
- Find every blog about kitchen gadgets that receives over 1,000 visitors a month and is active (i.e., has been updated with a post in the past two months)
- Find every blog about college admissions that receives over 500 visitors a month and is active
Whatever your ideal client or SEO target looks like, growing your business with lead generation begins with a conversation. Let's talk.
- Rates: $11.95/hour or a fixed cost per lead (e.g., $4/lead). Fixed lead prices are quoted ahead of time based on client needs.
- Next step: Contact us for a lead generation quote.
Get a list of journalists who write favorably about products similar to yours.
If you plan to launch a product or service, promote a major change, or do anything else that requires positive press, we can help you land more press and save you hundreds of hours of research time. We work with businesses to identify the journalists who write favorably about products similar to theirs. These journalists are most likely to write favorable press about your product.
Here's what this looks like in practice: Imagine you have a new nutritional supplement that you want to get the world talking about. Our researchers will first learn about your product. Then, they'll use proprietary tools and techniques to find as many journalists as possible who have written about nutritional supplements favorably (including about your competitors), aggregating links to those articles and their authors' contact info. From there, you can simply look at the list and pitch, for instance, by sending an email or press release to a journalist who wrote favorably about a similar nutritional supplement weeks or months ago. Incidentally, we do write press releases for $95/release.
What you'll get: We'll deliver a curated list of the contact info of journalists who are likely to be interested in what you're promoting. (We also offer a similar service that targets bloggers.)
- Rates: $79 for 10 journalists and $6.99 per journalist after that (capped at whatever you’d like; we recommend 50 listings total, costing $358.60 overall). Bear in mind: A single positive press mention pays for this entire service many times over.
- Next step: Contact us to get started.
Get buzz online and improve your search engine rankings by reaching out to relevant blogs.
Similar to our favorable journalist identification service, if you plan to launch a product or service, promote a major change, or do anything else that requires online buzz, we can help you get mentioned on more blogs and save you hundreds of hours of research time. We work with businesses to identify the blogs that discuss products similar to theirs and issues related to their products. These blogs are most likely to write about your product.
Here's what this looks like in practice: Imagine you have a new baby product that you want to get the world talking about. Our researchers will first learn about your product and niche. They'll then use proprietary tools and techniques to find as many bloggers as possible who have written about baby products similar to yours, aggregating links to those blog posts and their authors' contact info. They'll also find blogs that discuss issues related to your product (e.g., for a new baby product, we would find all of the "mommy blogs"). They'll weed out the spammy blogs (ones that are just stuffed with ads and lack communities), inactive blogs (ones that haven't been updated in the past 30 days), and blogs without traffic. We'll leave you with only the best prospects: both active high-traffic blogs and blogs that are narrowly focused and have engaged communities.
What you'll get: We'll deliver a curated list of bloggers (including their contact info) who are likely to be interested in your product so you can reach out to pitch your wares.
- Rates: $89 for 25 blogs and $2.49/blog after that (capped at whatever you’d like; we recommend at least 80 blogs total, costing $225.95 overall).
- Effectiveness: When we promote our own services this way, we generally reach out to 600–700 blogs and often get mentions on around 8% of them (around 50 mentions with links). These links bring us direct traffic and brand awareness in the short term and dramatically increase our search engine rankings in the long term. To say this is a cost-effective strategy is an understatement.
- Next step: Contact us to get started.