Additional Academic Services
We're best known for our combined proofreading and editing and our deluxe academic editing (which includes a plagiarism check and deep formatting), but with a staff of over 50 editorial and academic experts, we've grown to offer so much more. Our goal is to support your academic pursuits with services as well as partnerships with world-renowned consultants.
Plagiarism Check | Transcription | Translation | Dissertation Coaching
Geographic Information Systems | Grant Writing | Data Science and Statistics | Bioinformatics | Qualitative Analysis | Machine Learning | Data Visualization
Let us know what is challenging for you. We aim to help you publish your research to maximum acclaim.
Get a plagiarism check and specialized support with our Deluxe Academic Package.
We don't offer a standalone plagiarism check, but we do provide an extensive plagiarism check as part of our Deluxe Academic Package. That package includes structural, stylistic, and grammar editing as well as a multipage editorial letter with detailed high-level feedback and advice about your document's strengths and weaknesses, including recommendations to help you improve as an academic writer. The Deluxe Academic Package also offers unlimited revisions for 30 days, assistance in meeting the word count and formatting requirements of your target journal, and our academic publishing guidebook.
Affordably and accurately convert your audio and video to text.
ProofreadingServices.com spun out of AudioTranscription.org, a transcription service that is alive and well. AudioTranscription.org has produced over 20,000 transcripts like this for professors and graduate students at Harvard University, Oxford University, Stanford University, and hundreds of other universities. They charge low flat rates without extra fees for accents, difficult terminology, multiple speakers, speaker identifications, timestamps, etc. You can contact ProofreadingServices.com or AudioTranscription.org for a transcription quote. They're run by the same people.
"I greatly enjoyed working with AudioTranscription.org and I am very happy with the result: My audio file was transcribed very carefully. AudioTranscription.org provided me with a perfect solution. I am very happy with the outcome and will for sure recommend them to my professor."
—Rebecca Widmer Kerkhoff, University of Basel
"Thanks a lot for the transcription. I am glad to see the efficient work you've done! The transcript is complete, clear and in a good format. I will contact you with future tasks."
—Jie Lie, Graduate Student
Translate your non-English articles into journal-ready English.
We match each manuscript with an expert in the given field of study to ensure your material is translated accurately, resulting in English documents that are ready for publication. And we guarantee your satisfaction, offering unlimited editing and proofreading until your paper is published.
Papers in Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish with Complex Terminology
We work with Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish translation experts in +400 areas of study, including medicine, life sciences, law, engineering, materials science, mathematics, computer science, and more. See those rates below.
|Chinese to English||Japanese to English||Portuguese to English||Spanish to English|
|Under 500 words||$238||$241||$233||$233|
|+18,000 words||Get a high-volume quote.||Get a high-volume quote.||Get a high-volume quote.||Get a high-volume quote.|
Papers in Other Languages with Complex Terminology
Depending on your topic, we might have an academic translator who fits your needs. We have worked with academic German, Indonesian, Turkish, Arabic, Urdu, and other languages. Thus, if you have complex academic translation needs not in Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish (rates posted above), please contact us and we'll let you know if we can translate your complex article.
Papers with Simple Terminology in All Languages
If your article doesn't contain a lot of field-specific terms (e.g., science papers do, while many business papers do not), then there is a great chance that we'll be able to translate it at much lower rates (as low as 50% off what you see above). Please contact us for a quote.
If you have non-academic text (e.g., a professor's biography in Turkish that needs to be translated into English), we can certainly help. Non-academic translation is much less complex and thus more affordable. Here are our non-academic translation rates for 92 languages.
Clarify your research, meet your writing goals, and graduate with your PhD faster.
Our dissertation coaches—all of whom have earned a PhD, of course—are part advisor, part editor, and part cheerleader. They'll hold you accountable to deadlines, help you troubleshoot difficult problems, and support you emotionally. Their goal is to help you graduate with your PhD faster, saving you tuition if your degree isn't fully funded.
Setting Weekly Goals
Whether you're developing research questions, reviewing literature, choosing a suitable methodology, collecting or interpreting data, writing, or preparing for your defense, the foundation of every successful dissertation coaching relationship is setting weekly goals. Your coach will identify where you are in the dissertation process and then work with you to set small goals that can be accomplished weekly. Each week, you'll meet with your coach via phone or Skype to discuss your progress and any academic or emotional issues holding you back. Every coaching session ends with a new goal for the following week and ample emotional support.
Weekly coaching comes in three packages, billed monthly and with no commitments: Our bronze package ($199/month) provides 30 minutes of goal setting, troubleshooting, and emotional support via phone or Skype weekly, whereas our silver package ($349/month) provides 30 minutes over the phone or Skype and high-level feedback on 5 pages via email, both weekly. Our gold package ($899/month) offers unlimited 30-minute phone or Skype sessions and high-level feedback on 15 pages per week.
What you'll get:
- Rates: Bronze - $199/month, Silver - $349/month, Gold - $899/month. See package descriptions above.
- Next step: Schedule a free call to meet your coach and pick your package.
GIS expert Kelli Brock will help you extract the full potential of your geospatial data.
Ms. Brock has over twelve years of experience in GIS consulting for the hydro, forestry, transportation, and solar power industries, among others. A certified GIS Professional (GISP) and an expert in both ArcGIS and QGIS, she offers map creation, geodatabase design, geolocation and geocoding, and data collection, analysis, and conversion services for a range of projects as well as providing GIS software training. Contact us to learn more about how Ms. Brock can assist you with custom map development and geographic data analysis.Ms. Brock most frequently...
- Helps clients extract the full potential of their geospatial data
- Creates custom map products to visualize research results
- Converts data from a variety of formats such as Google Earth, Microsoft Excel, GPS, and paper maps
- Rates: Depends on the scope and complexity of the GIS problem. Projects begin at $500.
- Next step: To work with Ms. Brock, please contact us.
Professor Arun Karunanithi will help give your grant a competitive edge.
An associate professor at the University of Colorado Denver, Dr. Karunanithi (Google Scholar) brings sixteen years of scientific research and grant writing experience to his work as a grant consultant. Having received prestigious grants from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and from several U.S. federal agencies (e.g., the National Science Foundation) and having served on several grant review panels, Dr. Karunanithi will propose improvements and provide invaluable strategic editing advice to position your grant for success. Find out more about grant writing consulting here.Professor Karunanithi most frequently provides clients with the following:
- Full life cycle grant consulting
- Strategic input towards converting proposals into highly competitive grant applications
- Critiques of grant proposals from the reviewer's (and panel's) perspective, offering solutions to issues that arise
- Rates: Depends on the length of the grant and the assistance required. Projects begin at $500.
- Next step: To work with Professor Karunanithi, please contact us.
Professor Eugene Antipov will help you analyze your data properly.
Dr. Antipov, an associate professor at the National Research University’s Higher School of Economics in St. Petersburg, offers quantitative data analysis and predictive modeling to help researchers analyze their data effectively. Having worked as a lead analyst for multinational corporations and with a record of publication in leading journals, Professor Antipov brings years of business and technical experience to his consulting practice. Contact us to discuss how Dr. Antipov’s data science skills can ensure the statistical validity of your research.Professor Antipov most frequently consults on the following:
- Situations in which academics know the hypotheses they want to test but don't know which statistical packages and/or methods to use
- Causal inference using regression analysis
- Propensity score matching
- Difference-in-difference analysis
- Instrumental variables
- Regression discontinuity design
- Time series analysis
- Predictive analytics and forecasting using time series methods and machine learning techniques
- Marketing research data analysis (MaxDiff, conjoint, CHAID, segmentations, correspondence analysis, etc.)
- Biostatistics (e.g., identification of various risk factors)
If your project involves Stata, EViews, R, SPSS, etc. or topics related to empirical data analysis in medicine, biology, psychology, economics, marketing, or another field, Professor Antipov can provide valuable assistance.
- Rates: Depends on the scope and complexity of the data science/statistics problem. Projects begin at $500.
- Next step: To work with Professor Antipov, please contact us.
Dr. Xiaoqing Rong-Mullins will help solve your toughest bioinformatics problems.
Armed with a doctoral background in molecular biology and extensive postdoctoral bioinformatics experience, Dr. Rong-Mullins offers a suite of bioinformatics research consulting services, including statistically valid data analysis and interpretation, experiment and algorithm design, data generation troubleshooting, and commercial application development.Dr. Rong-Mullins most frequently consults on the following:
- Algorithm development
- Machine learning
- Statistical analysis
- Clinical statistics
- Network analysis
- Sequence analysis
- Human health
- Plant science
- Rates: Depends on the scope and complexity of the bioinformatics problem. Projects begin at $500.
- Next step: To work with Dr. Rong-Mullins, please contact us.
Dr. Lidija Mavra will help refine your research and data analysis methodologies.
With a doctorate in migration and community research from King's College London, Dr. Mavra provides expert guidance on social research methodologies as well as assistance collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing qualitative data. Having published for diverse audiences, she is uniquely qualified to support you with constructive editorial feedback. Let's talk about the valuable guidance Dr. Mavra can offer for your social science projects.Dr. Mavra most frequently consults on the following:
- NVivo analysis (i.e., qualitative textual coding and case classification using NVivo software)
- Interpretive phenomenological analysis (IPA)
- Line-by-line textual analysis/coding of projects involving interview/focus group transcripts (please note that we offer transcription services for academics at competitive rates)
- Rates: Depends on the scope and complexity of the qualitative analysis problem. Projects begin at $500.
- Next step: To work with Dr. Mavra, please contact us.
Harvard University scientist Dr. Tony Wang will provide invaluable machine learning guidance.
A scientist at Harvard University with a doctoral background in statistics, Dr. Wang (Google Scholar) brings advanced knowledge and experience in predictive modeling, complex data analysis, and methodological planning and development to his practice as a machine learning consultant. He is an expert in SAS, R, STATA, SPSS, Python, Apache Spark, and SQL and NoSQL for relational and nonrelational databases. Let's discuss the skills Dr. Wang can apply to your machine learning initiatives.Dr. Wang most frequently consults on the following:
- Statistical method development
- Machine learning algorithm development
- Big data analytics
- Scalable methodology
- High-dimensional data analysis
- Dimension reduction
- Spatial and temporal data modeling
- Bayesian statistics
- Graphical models and Bayesian networks
- Survey design and complex survey analysis
- Design and analysis of clinical trials
- Grant proposal development and statistical analysis planning
- Rates: Depends on the scope and complexity of the problem. Projects begin at $500.
- Next step: To work with Dr. Wang, please contact us.
Professor Hayk Minasyan will help you visualize complex data sets.
Professor Minasyan, of the Armenian State University of Economics, will leverage ten years of experience in data analysis and visualization to help solve your financial and marketing research problems. His past projects have included the development of crowdfunding platforms, loan underwriting information systems, analytical dashboards, and financial projection models. Contact us to learn about how Dr. Minasyan can support your research projects.Professor Minasyan most frequently consults on visualizing the following:
- Macroeconomic data
- Monetary data
- Financial crisis data
- Rates: Depends on the scope and complexity of the data visualization problem. Projects begin at $500.
- Next step: To work with Professor Minasyan, please contact us.