We're best known for our combined proofreading and editing and our deluxe business editing, but with over 50 editorial experts, we've grown to offer much more. We aim to improve your operations and marketing through the following services.
Website Proofreading | Transcription | Combined Proofreading and Editing | Proofreading without Editing
Writing and Rewriting | Translation
Let us know what your biggest editorial pain points are and we'll find a way to help.
Spot errors before your customers do, and increase your revenue.
You know the value of proofreading, but perhaps you've ignored your website. Maybe you figured it'd be too much of a pain to have proofread. We can comprehensively extract the text from your website, edit and proofread it in Microsoft Word or PDFs, and deliver the changes to you.Website proofreading increases professionalism and revenue.
NYU business professor Panos Ipeirotis demonstrated that demand for products and hotels increases if reviews are well written and without spelling errors, even if the review is negative. Based on this research, Zappos.com—a site owned by Amazon—pays to have its site proofread. They know that website proofreading isn't just about looking better; it's about bringing in more money.
What do our past website proofreading clients say?
Our website, GreenMountainGrills.com, needed proofreading. We turned to a real pro in the industry, ProofreadingServices.com, to perform this task and help us gain even more credibility. Their team ripped text from all 609 pages of our website and proofread it to high standards of grammar, punctuation, and common sense. They turned this project around on schedule and below budget. We are extremely pleased.
—David Baker, owner of Green Mountain Grills
ProofreadingServices.com was exceptional when proofing over 350 web pages. I highly recommend them for any project.
—Andrew Bruno, marketing manager at Athnet
If we extract the text from your website and load it into Word documents or PDFs:
$6–$12/web page, depending on the average number of words/web page. Contact us with your website URL for a quote.
If you already have your website's text in Word files:
We treat this like a regular proofreading order. Get an instant quote and place an order 24/7 here.
Accurately convert your audio and video to text for just $1/audio minute.
ProofreadingServices.com spun out of AudioTranscription.org, a transcription service that is alive and well. AudioTranscription.org has produced over 20,000 transcripts like this for Salesforce, Vogue, the U.S. Department of Energy, and thousands of other clients. They charge low flat rates without extra fees for accents, difficult terminology, multiple speakers, speaker identification, timestamps, etc. You can contact ProofreadingServices.com or AudioTranscription.org for a transcription quote. They're run by the same people.
Excellent service and reasonably priced. Will definitely use them again in the future.
—James M. McGuire, director, Insurance Designers of America
We used AudioTranscription.org to transcribe conference calls. They did a very meticulous and uncompromising job. Their ordering workflow is also simple, and they responded in a timely manner.
—Refael Ackermann, software developer, EMPEERIC
Thanks very much for an excellent transcript. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was!
—Robin McManus, Windermere Real Estate
You all did a WONDERFUL job! Thank you again SO MUCH! I have told everyone here to use you in the future for any transcription needs. You delivered a WONDERFUL product. Thanks again so MUCH!
—Justin Randolph, LLNS Healthcare Communications
Unlike many transcription services, we don't rely on imperfect algorithms to transcribe audio and video files. Our transcriptionists will use their years of experience to ensure your transcripts are accurate.
A flat rate of $1.00/audio minute (e.g., an hour-long audio file is just $60). Unlike nearly all transcription services, we don't charge for extras, including accents, difficult terminology, multiple speakers, labeling speakers, adding time stamps, etc.
Smooth out grammar and style issues before publication.
This service is what we're best known for among businesspeople. It's for small businesses, Fortune 500 companies, and every organization in between that needs spelling, grammar, word choice, and sentence structure help but doesn't need our Deluxe Business Package. Get a free sample of combined proofreading and editing.
We've edited for executives at IBM, managers at Cisco, marketers at Johnson & Johnson, and businesspeople at hundreds of other small, medium, and large companies. We're excited to have the opportunity to edit for you.
Remove distracting typos and embarrassing errors to ensure a cleaner read.
If you need a final check for minor errors before you publish, we offer deals for proofreading only without any additional editorial services. This service is for "clean" texts, defined as the proofreader being expected to find one or two errors at the most per page. (For text that isn't "clean," the best option is our combined proofreading and editing service.)
Our skilled proofreading team specializes in catching typos, missing words, and spelling mistakes that can affect readers' confidence in your business. Contact us to get a quote (or see the per-word rates below), and let's get your files ready for publication.
What do proofreading clients say about the value we provide?
Faced with looming deadlines on two massive projects, we found our go-to proofreader suddenly unavailable. ProofreadingServices.com stepped in seamlessly to meet our proofreading needs effectively and affordably. With immediate responses to all inquiries, their qualified team gave us the confidence that we would not only hit our deadlines but hit them while providing polished content. Thank you, ProofreadingServices.com!
—Brandon Page, GrapeCity (proofreading of 728,980 words)
I asked ProofreadingServices.com to proofread a set of manuals for our CFR 135 Air Carrier Operations. This was a large project with a strict turnaround, as we needed the documents ready in time to complete the final certification phase with the FAA. The team worked fast and enabled us to meet our deadline—and, more importantly, they made our manual look professional.
—Bert van Toornburg, Kachina Air (proofreading of 202,823 words)
ProofreadingServices.com reviewed our lengthy flour milling textbook for grammar errors, misspellings, and other embarrassing issues. We confidently printed our hardcover edition for international distribution.
—Melinda Farris, International Association of Operative Millers (proofreading of 129,894 words)
- 10,000–20,000 words—1.5 cents/word (e.g., $300 for 20,000 words)
- 20,001–40,000 words—1.2 cents/word (e.g., $480 for 40,000 words)
- 40,001–80,000 words—0.9 cents/word (e.g., $720 for 80,000 words)
- 80,001–120,000 words—0.85 cents/word (e.g., $1,020 for 120,000 words)
- +120,001 words—0.8 cents/word (e.g., $1,280 for 160,000 words)
- For fewer than 10,000 words, the best option is our combined proofreading and editing service.
Get more search traffic and clients with blog posts, website copy, eBooks, and more.
Many of our editors are writers: Some write technical guides, some write marketing copy, some ghostwrite full-length thought leadership books for busy CEOs, and some overhaul website content strategies to increase traffic via search engine optimization (SEO). We've written creative marketing copy to support the launch of Proper Orange, and we've written hundreds of blog posts and FAQs for the EB5 Affiliate Network, learning the specifics of their complex industry and earning them hundreds of thousands of dollars.
After consulting with us for free, clients generally choose from one of two services, writing or rewriting.What is rewriting?
Rewriting is less expensive and generally involves one of these scenarios.
- Changing the words, sentence structure, flow, and other attributes of a document to produce a completely new document (e.g., an online guide to selecting the best B2C marketing software that is 10 pages would be distilled to its main points and rewritten so that it uses completely new language and is more succinct).
- Changing the focus of one article to another (e.g., a blog post about tutoring services in Houston would be rewritten so that it is about San Francisco and so it reads entirely differently).
In both cases, the goal is always to produce new, unique content that is useful and 100% plagiarism-free. A common request we respond to is "I like these 20 blog posts. Can you please rewrite them so they're 100% plagiarism-free and in the voice of my site?"How does writing, which we offer, differ from rewriting?
We can write content 100% from scratch. If you want a blog post about how to select the perfect life insurance policy or a guidebook for the safe operation of the drill press you manufacture, we can do that. If you want an eBook to give away to prospective clients about common pitfalls when choosing a mortgage lender, we can do that. There's nothing in the business world we can't write (as long as it is ethical).
Rewriting is always less expensive than writing from scratch. See the Rates section below.
Here is a brief array:
- Blog posts - A typical engagement: A client wants 10 posts monthly, each about 500 words. We provide 30 topics based on extensive search engine optimization research. The client selects 10. We write, proofread, and deliver their posts.
- Website copy - "About" page text, product descriptions, etc.
- eBooks - For online lead generation, brand building, etc.
- Thought leadership books - We can write full-length, publication-ready books in the voice of your CEO.
- White papers - We can thoroughly research a topic or work with existing research from your organization to provide a comprehensive report on an issue, a new technology, a service, etc.
- Case studies - We can conduct and transcribe research interviews on which to base a case study, or we can work with data from interviews you've conducted with clients.
- Newsletters (email and print)
- Press releases
- Anchor posts
- Evergreen content
- Repurposing existing content
- When you should rewrite vs. when you should write
- Balancing keyword density with natural, engaging language people actually want to read and share
- Call-to-action best practices
- Avoiding duplicate content penalties
- Conversion intent associated with search queries
- Long-tail keywords
- Gross profit and customer lifetime value (CLV) and how those inform an SEO strategy
- Domain authority
- Onsite vs. offsite SEO
ProofreadingServices.com's writing and rewriting work has helped us increase revenue by hundreds of thousands of dollars while keeping our margin steady.
—Sam Silverman, managing partner at EB5 Affiliate Network
Aiming to boost the Google rankings of my Houston-based fashion company, I approached ProofreadingServices.com for SEO writing. Their team provided 10 posts of 500 words according to my specifications, all optimized for specific primary and secondary keywords based on my target demographic. Not only were the posts search engine optimized, leading to increased traffic, but they were also interesting, compelling readers to inquire about wholesale and retail orders and thus boosting my revenue.
—Zia ur Rehman, brand development for a Houston-based clothing company
If you have less than $2,000 to spend on content, still get in touch. We won't be able to provide a free content strategy session (including a discussion of key SEO concerns), but we can still help write your content if you know what you need.
Expand the reach of business documents you've already written by having us translate your blog posts, web copy, case studies, etc. into any of the +100 languages we offer. It's an effortless way for you to expand your global reach; you simply provide the file or link to the existing content and tell us the language(s) you'd like, and we'll deliver translated content that'll help you expand to new markets (including getting ranked in those markets' search engines). Learn more about translation services for businesses.
- Unlike most companies, we include topic brainstorming, keyword research, competitor analysis, and title generation in our prices. Most companies don't provide any of that, and we haven't found one that includes all of that in a single price.
- Volume discounts are available to be applied to the writing and rewriting rates below.
- Rate for rewriting and integrating keywords: Generally 9.5 cents/word (e.g., $475 for ten 500-word blog posts).
- Rate for writing from scratch based on keyword research: Generally 17.5 cents/word (e.g., $875 for ten 500-word blog posts).
- Are there less expensive services? Yes, many, both because they work with non-native English speakers and because they lack deep search engine optimization knowledge. If you just want a low price, we're not the right fit. If enhancing your brand and passively soaking up qualified leads from search engines is what matters, we're the perfect fit. Let's talk.
- Have over $2,000 budgeted to spend on content? Schedule a free content strategy session.
- Have a content budget below $2,000? Use this form to tell us exactly what you need written, and we'll get it done.
Expert translation of business documents and websites for just 9 cents/word. Why does an English proofreading service offer translation?
We began offering translation services because our English proofreading and editing clients were spending so many hours writing and perfecting their documents that it only made sense to convert those same texts into other languages. We've since helped many businesses expand their reach to the 86% of the world that doesn't speak English.
- iDashboards, a software company, asked us to proofread marketing copy and then translate it into Spanish and Italian so they could expand their reach to the 437 million people who speak Spanish and the 63 million people who speak Italian.
- Cybercube.io had us translate the script for their eSports video into Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, and Portuguese to make their service accessible to the over two billion people who speak those languages.
What do business translation clients say about the value we provide?
ProofreadingServices.com greatly simplified the translation process for my businesses. I needed to translate video scripts, web content, and product overviews, and my target languages ranged from Vietnamese, to Portuguese, to Swedish. Some of my material also contained technical terminology that required a translator with experience in eSports. Knowing that ProofreadingServices.com works with a team of human translators, all of whom are native speakers of the target language, rather than relying on software gave me peace of mind that my material was translated accurately.
—Dasha Rolina, UKAD (translation of product information into Korean, Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, and Portuguese and translation of website content into Swedish)
When I approached ProofreadingServices.com to translate my voiceover script, I needed translations that not only conveyed the information correctly in the target languages but also maintained the tone of the original script. ProofreadingServices.com's translation team did exactly that, providing translated scripts that were as effective in European Portuguese and Korean as they had been in English. I would certainly recommend them to other businesses that require accurate translation.
—Anna Tsymbalist, Cybercube (translation of amendments to a voiceover script from English into European Portuguese and Korean)
When seeking a Polish to English translator for an interview about engineering and architecture techniques, my main concern was whether the translation would remain true to the essence of the original interview. I chose to work with ProofreadingServices.com because they provide 100% human translation instead of relying on software, so I knew my material would be translated accurately by a native English speaker. I am pleased with the results and would absolutely recommend their business translation services.
—Damian Przybyla, Laka (translation of a 1,259-word interview about engineering and architecture techniques from Polish to American English)
Any Topic, Any Language
We can translate websites, blog posts, manuals, newsletters, eBooks, and more into Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, and over 100 other languages. Content we've translated has spanned industries, including transportation, ecommerce, online education, architecture, and more.
Unlike many translation companies, we don't rely on imperfect algorithms to translate important business documents. Our translation experts will use their years of experience to get the job done right.
We're not the fastest translation service; we're slow, accurate, and fairly priced. Most translation orders take about 1.5 weeks.
- Translation from English to nearly any language: 9 cents/word (e.g., a 500-word blog post translated from English to Brazilian Portuguese would cost just $45)
- Translation to English with English editing and proofreading: 11.5 cents/word (e.g., a 2,500-word Japanese employee manual translated into English and then edited and proofread would be just $287.50)