Learn English with a Tutor over WhatsApp, Skype, or Another App
100% Moneyback Guarantee
If you're not happy with your first lesson, email us within ten days and before your second lesson, and we'll provide a 100% refund.
Live one-on-one tutoring with experienced English teachers.
ProofreadingServices.com started as an English proofreading service but expanded to offer English tutoring services to students around the world. We've hired amazing certified English tutors to provide English lessons online, covering conversational English, business English, and test prep (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, etc.). Their goal is to help learners achieve fluency from the comfort of their own homes—and at a great price!
Tutoring from $5.99/lesson.
We've selected English teachers who live in the Western world (US, Canada, UK, Australia) and English teachers from the Philippines. We've done this to ensure that we can offer tutoring at two different prices, meeting all budgets.
- $19.99/lesson (45 minutes) with a US, Canadian, UK, or Australian tutor
- $5.99/lesson (45 minutes) with a tutor in the Philippines
- What is working with an English teacher in the Philippines like? Great! The Philippines is the fifth largest English-speaking country in the world (more people speak English in the Philippines than in the United Kingdom). English is an official language of the Philippines, and schools, courts, government offices, and news outlets use English. Because the Philippines was an American colony for over 50 years, the accent is closest to an American accent.
- We never increase our prices for business English or exam prep English (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC).
Our teaching style keeps lessons fun.
Our certified teachers use a conversational approach to learning English: We encourage you to talk and make mistakes so you learn quickly through correction. We believe you as the student should do a lot of the talking, so your lessons will never feel like a boring lecture or a memorization exercise.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will be covered in my first lesson?
We'll meet you via webcam or just audio to learn about your goals, assess your English skills, and do some basic exercises. We want you to have the chance to try online English tutoring with no worries, so we offer a 100% moneyback guarantee. Purchase your first lesson here.
Why do students choose ProofreadingServices.com's teachers?
- Results. Our teachers are certified and have years of teaching experience. They've helped students raise their exam scores, increase their conversational confidence, and gain promotions at work.
- Great prices. We offer one-on-one lessons with trained English tutors starting at $5.99/lesson (45 minutes). Here are our prices.
- Flexibility. Easily book your lessons on your own schedule. Never worry about missing one because of work or personal commitments!
Are lessons customized to the student?
Absolutely! Our lessons are designed to meet the needs of each student. Whether you're focusing on conversational English, business English, or test prep, our lessons can help you improve your comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, fluency, and pronunciation.
What software do you use to tutor?
Your lessons will take place on your favorite video calling program (WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, Google Hangouts, etc.). We also use other interactive tools like Google Docs to explain concepts and correct writing in real time.
What types of English do you help students learn?
General or conversational English, business English, English for exam prep. Our team teaches US, UK, Canadian, and Australian English.
What tests do you help prepare students for?
We help students prepare for just about every major English test, including the TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, and Cambridge English exams (FCE, CAE, CPE). We've also helped students prepare for the BULATS, OPI, and OPIc. If you're wondering if we can help you prepare for your test, the answer is yes, but feel free to contact us via email or Facebook Messenger.
Do I have to use my camera?
No. About half of our students prefer to learn with their camera off. It's up to you!
What ages do you tutor?
We tutor children as young as seven years old and adults of all ages. We tutor adults mostly, but we have tutored many children.
What timezones do you cover?
All. We'll work around your schedule.
Where are your other students?
Everywhere. We've tutored students in Iraq, Japan, America, Pakistan, Brazil, China, Korea, and countless other countries.
Are there discounts for purchasing lots of lessons at once?
Yes! We offer discounts on packages of lessons. You can see discounted packages here.
Are unused lesson credits refundable?
We offer refunds up to ten days after purchase for single lessons and packages if you have not yet taken a lesson from the purchased set. Lesson credits are valid up to one year after purchase.
What's your lesson cancellation policy?
Any lesson canceled at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time will not be billed. If a lesson is canceled within 48 hours of the lesson's scheduled start time or the student does not appear for the lesson, the lesson will be billed.
If I prefer, can I switch tutors?
Though most students build a great relationship with their first tutor, you may switch to a new one anytime you wish. Just email Tutoring@ProofreadingServices.com.
Why do you offer a 100% moneyback guarantee?
We think it's important for you to have the chance to make sure we're the right fit for your English learning journey. If you're not happy with your first lesson for any reason, just let us know within ten days (before you take a second lesson), and we'll provide a full refund.
How can I contact you with questions?