The Advantages of Employing a Professional Writing Service for Your Corporate Social Media
The advent of social media has ushered in the era of digital advertising and marketing. With the internet occupying an increasingly larger portion of our everyday lives, online marketing has become practically mandatory for today’s businesses, with much of it playing out on social media. The ubiquity of social media means that companies must cultivate and maintain a strong online presence to stand a chance against their competitors. However, it’s not enough to simply have an online presence—a business must be mindful of its image and digital content.
Given that an organization’s success relies so heavily on social media, it’s more important than ever to consistently publish quality content that appeals to consumers. Business owners and their employers may not have the ability to tackle this demanding task—good writing requires skills many people don't possess, and most company owners are far too busy to spare time for crafting engaging social media posts. Therefore, employing a business writer familiar with social media and keenly aware of the importance of search engine optimization (SEO) can be highly advantageous to enterprises looking to target patrons online.
If that’s exactly what you’re after, contact our team of business copywriters and let the pros handle things!
Here are some of the advantages of employing a business writer who specializes in social media content:
- Curation of target audience: A professional business writer will create ads and content tailored for a specific audience, which will help drive traffic to your website and eCommerce pages. With expertise in SEO, the writer can produce high-quality content that incorporates all the right keywords to rank highly in search engine results.
- Building patron rapport: A good social media writer will deliver content that engages consumers, thus creating rapport and a sense of trust and connection. Their business expertise helps them understand what kind of language resonates with your target demographic.
- Label exposure: By ensuring consistency in language, tone, and style, the writer will create an instantly recognizable presence for your business that can become its trademark. A consistent voice across your social media profiles helps increase familiarity and trust among customers.
The variety of social media writing services
Each business is unique. Depending on what yours needs, you may have to employ a certain type of writer or writing service to derive the maximum benefit for your corporate social media accounts. Ideally, you should hire a content writer who is familiar with your industry and understands the basic concepts and terminology within it. Depending on your target audience, you may even want to hire a bona fide industry expert.
You’ll also have to consider the writing style your content creator should employ. Writers and writing services have their areas of specialization. For instance, some specialize in lengthier pieces that are data- and research-heavy, others specialize in web copy, and still others focus on shorter pieces, such as tweets. You may even hire multiple writers to focus on different aspects of your content marketing strategy—say, one to handle long, research-heavy blog posts and another to craft punchy social media posts—but make sure to have them all adopt a consistent writing style.
It’s up to you to decide which format will most benefit your business. You can determine this by identifying your target consumers. A younger demographic will likely respond better to trendy platforms such as Instagram or Twitter. An older demographic may be more drawn to professional platforms such as LinkedIn. Of course, you can build a presence on all of them, but knowing what your target audience is likely to respond to will dramatically improve the impact of your content marketing initiatives.
Selection and vetting: What you need to know
You may be wondering how to find a legitimate and reputable social media content writer or writing service for your business. The answer is simple: research. It can be time-consuming to seek and vet writers, but with online content marketing as important in the business sphere as it is, the time you invest will be well worth it.
Here are some tips on what to keep an eye out for during your search:
- The social media writer or writing service has values that align with those of your business, and you expect they will fit in with the team. Since you’ll be working closely with the writer on an ongoing basis, you want to make sure there won’t be any personality clashes.
- The writer’s references check out, and they highly recommend this professional.
- The writer’s history of social media writing suggests a solid understanding of target audiences, SEO, marketing strategies, PR (public relations), and algorithms. In content marketing, it’s not enough to be a great writer—you also need to understand the tech side to drive more traffic to a client’s digital properties.
- The writer or writing service is recommended by a trusted friend or business partner due to a positive past experience.
- Other businesses work with this writer or writing service and readily testify to the benefits of their partnership online.
Of course, a writer or writing service doesn’t need to check every single box, and there may be numerous other considerations you’d also like to factor in. These are just a few good pointers to help you in your search for a great content creator.
- Past customers have posted negative reviews. However, do read the reviews to understand the problems—sometimes, the client may be at fault, or the problem may be something that wouldn’t impact you.
- The writer’s work is full of inconsistencies and mistakes, indicating a lack of diligence and professionalism. Such a writer clearly lacks the qualifications to do this job, and hiring them may even harm your business, so always request samples from prospective content creators.
If you’re considering the services of a freelancer, make sure you interview and vet them thoroughly. Freelance writers are often extremely competent and effective, but one disadvantage is that they likely have other obligations and may only be able to dedicate limited hours to your project. If the workload you wish to assign is not that heavy, a freelance writer may be right for you, but if you’re looking for a full-time contributor, the arrangement may not work.
Overall, a social media content writing company or a freelancer who is worth employing should have an impressive online presence. Not only should they have keen insight into the world of social media and strong writing credentials, but they should also be willing to learn more about your business. Every organization has its own needs, but there are lots of writers out there, so you will surely find the one who’s right for you.
If you want strong SEO web copy and compelling social media content for your business, reach out to our team of copywriters!